Sport 4 Life UK‘s work has been acknowledged with the following prestigious awards, recognition, and accreditations:
Awards & Recognition
We have been named a winner at the UK’s first Charity Governance Awards 2016. Sport 4 Life won the award for Improving Impact at the event introduced by broadcaster Edward Stourton in The Clothworkers Hall, London. As part of their win, Sport 4 Life also takes home the prize of a £5,000 unrestricted grant.
Sport 4 Life are the proud recipients of a Weston Charity Award. The Awards celebrate and support excellent charities working in the fields of Youth, Welfare and Community through a year of strategic planning support and unrestricted funding. The Awards are an initiative of the Garfield Weston Foundation and Pilotlight.
- Birmingham Awards – Charity of the Year (Runners Up) 2016
- Birmingham Sports Awards – Community Award Winners 2014
- London Olympics 2012 – Inspired Mark and Olympic Flame Torch-Bearer
- Birmingham Sports Awards – Outstanding Contribution to Sport in Birmingham 2012
- The RBS SE100 Index – Fastest Growers 2011 Education and Youth, 4th place
- Sport Unlimited – Most Innovative Project 2011
- Safer Birmingham Partnership – Inspiring Young People 2010
We are delighted to have achieved the Investors In People standard. This is a nationally recognised standard awarded to organisations that are committed to supporting the training & development needs of their staff to achieve their business goals and ensure staff are involved and empowered to fulfil their role to the best of their ability.
We are pleased to announce we have achieved our Ambition First Steps Accreditation. This accreditation ensures that we have the correct quality standards in place to deliver activities to young people safely and legally. We will be working alongside Ambition in the future to achieve their Quality Mark.
Memberships & Affiliations
The Fundraising Regulator is the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. They were established following the Etherington review of fundraising self-regulation (2015) to strengthen the system of charity regulation and restore public trust in fundraising.