Impact Report 2022/2023
We are proud to provide the opportunity for young people (aged 11 to 29) to prepare for and move into sustained education, employment, or training by improving their employability and key life skills, through our sports-themed personal development services.
Our services are designed to bring out the best in young people by providing them with high-quality sessions, mentoring, and guidance.
We are proud to present Sport 4 Life UK’s impact throughout 2022/23, and showcase the journey of 2,256 young people who have been supported to create a better future for themselves.
“I’VE LEARNT THAT YOU HAVE TO PUSH YOURSELF AS A PERSON TO SUCCEED AND TO GO FURTHER IN LIFE”
This is a snapshot of our 2022/2023 impact
young people attended a Sport 4 Life session
% of young people improved their key life skills
young people moved into Employment, Education or Training
young people have been meaningfully supported
1,377 Male, 722 Female, 2 Transgender, 155 Not Recorded
- 74% from ethnically diverse backgrounds
- 30% Asian (Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Afghani)
- 26% White British
- 35% Black African and Caribbean
- 9% Other (European, Arab, Irish, Welsh)
1,393 Young people have been meaningfully supported
- 432 received 1 to 1 mentoring support (269 NEET and 163 EET)
- 634 attended employability activities (92 NEET and 542 EET)
- 796 meaningfully supported through Sport sessions (72 NEET and 724 EET)
- 752 completed NCS
- 475 completed a social action project (28 NEET and 447 EET)
74% of young people improved their life skills
- 249 gained an accredited qualification and completed accredited training
- 222 are still enrolled in mentoring services
- 61% significantly* improved their employability skills
What we do
Our sports-themed personal development services are designed to bring out the best in young people by providing them with high-quality sessions, mentoring, and guidance.
Our youth-led delivery model allows young people to sign-up to our service through a range of recruitment pathways including partner referrals, sport engagement sessions and community outreach services. Each young person has a tailored support programme to help move into sustained education, employment, or training.
We’ve delivered over 3,510 hours of sport, training and mentoring support
Our 5-year Strategic Action Plan
All that we do is focused on CHANGING the LIVES of young people. This is our North Star and guides everything that we do. This sits central to our priorities for the next year and our 5-year strategic plan.
As the leading West Midlands sport for employment charity, we want to continue to be bold and ambitious. Over the next five years, our strategic priorities are:
- To grow and expand our services
- To drive through transformational improvements in our services
- To be the ‘go to’ youth employment charity for the region
- To be one of the best places to work in the West Midlands
- To make key contributions to our society and community
“Where you start from isn't necessarily where you'll end up”
Casey Bailey, Sport 4 Life UK AmbassadorCharity Ambassadors