Youth Engagement Officer (REF-094)
We are looking for a number of Youth Engagement Officers to deliver crime prevention and community outreach interventions services in Sandwell. We need enthusiastic candidates who are able to hit the ground running on a new, fast paced project and who are comfortable working with young people who are engaged (or at risk of engaging) in ASB and criminal activity. The role is outdoors, so successful candidates need to be comfortable in working in all weathers and physically able to be walking along the routes throughout their sessions.
£10.68 per hour (£9.50 per hour + holiday uplift)
Casual hours/Zero Hour Contract
Sessional hours up to 20 hours per week (term time only), Mon-Fri (with before and after school hours required)
Sandwell, West Midlands
- Chaperoning young people along identified school routes in Cape Hill and Oldbury before and after school in order to build relationships with young people, offer a point of safety and reduce and diffuse any incidents or rising community tensions.
- Delivering a weekly after school engagement sessions within the identified school route
- Maintaining and developing relationships with at-risk young people (specifically those engaging in ASB and criminal activity)
- Safeguarding leads within the school setting, West Midlands Police, the VRU and external referral organisations that support young people with specific or acute needs
For a discussion about the role please contact Jeni Bennett on 07823 347 809 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this position you need to complete the online application form below. You will also need to upload the following documents:
- Your CV
- Your cover letter stating why you believe you are the right person for the job and how you meet the job and person specification (please limit this to one side of A4)